Do’s and Don’ts
Following these simple Do’s and Don’ts will help you to have a great first experience, and leave a wonderful first impression.
Do’s and Don’ts
- Don’t: Worry if you forgot your pen, we have plenty.
- Do: Remember your notebook
- Do: Participate fully, hum/sing along
- Don’t: Hold back, – join in often.
- Do: Follow along physically – watch the handmaiden for posture cues.
- Don’t: Worry if you’re not sure.
- Do: Remember to bring a feast contribution
- Don’t: Forget to fill out an allergen-friendly card
- Do: Remember to wear comfortable and weather sensible street clothes
- Don’t: Wear green, red, or blue ritual robes, or amber or jet jewelry.
- Do: Provide a Craft/Magickal name if you have one
- Don’t: Provide a password if you don’t have one.
- Do: Remember to take any medications you may need
- Don’t: Forget to tell us if you have any medical conditions that may require special provisions.
- Do: Make conversation and introduce yourself to others before and after ritual
- Don’t: Continue conversation after the 10 minute warning.
- Do: Eat and drink of the snacks freely
- Don’t: Make a plate from the Feast Table until after the Food Blessing, Libations, and Officiants are served.
- Do: Thank the Priest and Priestess of the Ritual for the experience (After/During Feast)
- Don’t: Be afraid to ask questions to them if you didn’t understand something.
- Do: Help to clean up the space after Ritual and Feast
- Don’t: Leave all the work to others
- Do write about your experience in your notebook
- Don’t: Forget to contact the HP/HPS after the ritual to talk about your experience and future plans.